St Andrews Scotland

What do you thank God for?

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

TESTIMONY

Doing your laundry in a university apt isn't as convenient as people think. Not only do you have to walk to the laundry building with your basket full of dirty clothes and laundry detergent, you have to bring coins. Coins! You always seem to have too much, until you are in need of them.

So this is how it went. It costs 1.70 quid (x3 to convert to singapore dollars. XIAO WALAU EH SO EX) for a wash, and an additional 20 pence for the "super cycle" option. I only had 60p, so i borrowed 1.20 from my neighbour and trudged to the laundry building (so in my pocket was a 1 pound coin, a 50p, a 20p, and a 10p. follow?). Absent-mindedly, i inserted the 10p coin first.


-.-"


(If you don't get it: By inserting the 10p coin first, i then had to put the rest of my coins in to get at least 1.70. And washing machines don't give change!)

So I had 1.80 in the machine. I was not going to waste 10p though, 1.70 is expensive enough! So i dont' know if it was the Holy Spirit's prompting or my intuition, but I began scouring the floor under the washing machines and dryers for money, hoping that today was my lucky day. Now guess what I found next.

Yes i did find 10p on under a washing machine. Not only 10p though. I found 1.30! 1 pound and 30 pence! Just to put it into context, that is about 4 singapore dollars. 1.30 was just enough for me to get "supercycle" and pay my neighbour back! Now tell me that that wasn't God's doing.

Moral of the story?
Always search under public washing machines. You never know when some bloke might drop his entire wallet under one and forget to pick it up. Haha just kidding. I tell you, God really knows how to make you happy, even if it was only 1.30.


@ 6:24 AM